P.O. Box 2176
Pineville, KY 40977
District Court handles adult traffic and criminal cases, as well as civil and small claims matters. The General District Court has jurisdiction over:
- Civil lawsuits in which the amount in question does not exceed $15,000.
- Small Claims cases, where parties represent themselves and the amount of the suit does not exceed $5,000.
- Landlord/Tenant disputes, such as over rent and possession, filed in the Civil Division.
- Preliminary hearings in felony cases to determine if there is sufficient evidence to send the case to Circuit Court.
- Cases in which an adult is charged with a traffic infraction punishable by a fine only.
- Cases in which an adult is charged with such traffic related misdemeanors as DWI and reckless driving.
- Juveniles (any person under 18) accused of traffic violations.
- Children in need of supervision (truants, runaways).
- Children who have been subjected to abuse or neglect.
- Spousal abuse.
- Adults accused of child abuse or neglect, or of offenses against members of their own family or household members (juvenile or adult).
- Adults involved in disputes concerning the visitation, support or custody of a child, abandonment of children, foster care and entrustment agreements.
- Probation and Residential Services.
- Court-ordered rehabilitation services, and court consent for certain medical treatments.